- September 9, 2021
- Not categorized
- Posted by PeterbiltAdm
- Comments Off on Parts Technician
Calgary Peterbilt LTD.
Calgary Peterbilt LTD
Calgary Peterbilt Ltd is seeking a parts technician to join their team of professionals! Candidates that wish to apply will need to exhibit a high level of confidence, professionalism, integrity, amazing work ethic and a passion for the Trucking industry!
The candidate must also be a dynamic and progressive-thinking individual that is able to adapt and embrace the positives of this ever-changing industry.
As the Parts technician you support the identification and coordination of parts to all internal and external customers. You are competent and trustworthy. You treat customers with respect and like a partner. You make a substantial contribution towards the efficiency of the Parts Department and you promote the brand.
- Assist customers by phone or over the counter offering consistent, high levels of service.
- Process daily customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions
- Oversees and participates in the shipping, receiving, organizing, storing and issuing of goods including supplies, equipment for the purpose of assuring shipments are prepared for delivery and delivered in a timely manner.
- Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Marking materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
- Provide necessary information to the Warranty Department to allow prompt filing of parts warranties.
- Assist in preparing for and counting of physical inventory.
- Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Processes a variety of reports in written and electronic form (e.g. requisitions, paperwork, reports, etc.) for disseminating information and/or materials to appropriate parties.
- Receives stock and non-stock items for the purpose of ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct.
- Prepares orders by either pulling from stock or securing test boxes for meeting delivery requirements.
- Aid mechanics / technicians in determining parts required for repairs.
- Heavy Duty Truck parts knowledge
- 1-2 years’ experience with truck parts
- Ability to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and positive team attitude.
- CDK experience an asset
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Hours of work: Full time hours
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org